Wednesday, October 13, 2010

uhh stuff

So.. bad day yesterday. Huge binge/purge day. Wtf? I was doing so well during the day, had a cup of peach, some tea and coffee. Was planing on having a cup of mango when I got home, had it all cut up and waiting and everything. Then got home and had some sugar... and just went crazy. I did make a discovery on my rampage though, that a peanut butter fiber one bar really satisfies my worst craving, it's got the right texture and taste, most things under 200 Cal only have one of those. And one (good size too) bar is only 107 Cal. I'm going to have to start getting more of these, maybe have one every other day and see if that helps me avoid getting the craving at all, if it doesn't I'll just have one when I'm craving. And eat more slowly. I've gotta always remember to force myself to eat slowly no matter how hungry I am. I'll have to see if any other flavors can satisfy that craving with less Cal, I really hope so. Still, 107 is deff not bad if it can help me avoid more binge/purge days.




Protect hair/skin/nails


Apricots are a good source of beta-carotene. Your body turns beta-carotene into vitamin A, which protects your eyes, nails and skin. One apricot has about 17 calories and 1 gram of fiber.


Mango One mango has enough beta-carotene to meet the body’s daily requirement. A mango has 153 calories and only 1gram of fat. The mango is ripe when it gives slightly if you squeeze it gently. If the mango is too soft, it is overripe. Mangoes ripen within a week at room temperature. 
(kinda high cal but a half of a mango is 77 Cal which isn't bad, and a bit of mango every once in a while for the beta-carotene I think would be worth it. I want to be a model so it's deff worth it for me)


Cantaloupe contains powerful antioxidants, beta-carotene, vitamin C and potassium. One cup of cubed melon has 84 calories and 1 gram of fat. Rinse the cantaloupe under clear running water before preparing it. Add cantaloupe to your fruit salad.


Lettuce is rich in vitamin A, K, sodium and potassium. One head of lettuce has about 13 calories. Lettuce is indispensable for salads. Crispy leaves of lettuce are a perfect snack between meals. 
(ooh need to get me some lettuce and start the snacking! Sounds great to be able to snack don't you think? I mean, have you seen how big a head of lettuce is? And for about 13 Cal? Sign me up baby! Just gotta stay away from dipping it in anything...)


http://www.actabit.com/healthiest-foods

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a bad day, but at least something good came out of it : )
    hope you have better luck today <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your costume sounds pretty great, you should definitely post a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry you had a bad day, but i read on another blog...'every new day is a chance to make new choices'.so i hope you made the right choice today. i hope you got up and decided you woudnt be stuck on the binge/purge cycle.
    all my love. xxxx
    stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow will be a good day! I love those peanut butter fiber one bars, they're so yummy. I can never find the 90 cal pb and chocolate ones, though. They're my fav.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. usualy if i feel a huge binge coming i force myself to wait exactly 15 minutes on the dot. if i still want to then, i eat a raw carrot. and i picture all the yummy stuff turn into evil mush...haha i am so weird.
    good luck withe verything dear!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Those bars sound sooo yum! I wonder if we have them in Australia...? Look after yourself, gorgeous.
    <3

    ReplyDelete