Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cooking is fun!

And great motivation not to eat when you have to cut up a dead animal. Chicken in this case. Oh holy hell so much fat O.o cut open something I think is a chunk of muscle, find fat! SO yuck.. 
This is kinda Italian inspired, macaroni noodles (firm), a few stalks chopped up asparagus, half a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans?), a few sliced cherry tomatoes, some boiled chicken tossed together with olive oil, rosemary, basil, and garlic. Served chilled. 
Great to cook before the fam gets home, leave a note saying dinner is in the fridge and then get your ass outa dodge before the feeding frenzy begins.
This was born because today I discovered a love of chickpeas. I opened the can and started snacking and nearly halfway through thought 'shit, can't finish this.. I need something to do with it..' 
My chocolate has sat in my room fairly untouched. I did open a piece, but then I fed half to my dog and wrapped it back up for some other time. 
Don't worry about the puppy, it was a small piece. 

5 comments:

  1. Looks good!! I need to do that more often... Just make it and not being home for it; awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really delicious, and I bet it tastes good hot or cold! I'm always looking for things like that--things I can serve in winter and summer. :D

    You've gotten me OBSESSED with fennec foxes now. I've already found the nearest breeder. Now I just need $1,200......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good. I need to do more cooking at home rather than all the prepackaged stuff that i've been eating. And I love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good!I never know what to eat put to macaroni except for cheese. Don't know why i never thought about veggies :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post title reminded me of that Azumanga Daioh song, "Cooking is so fun, cooking is so fun, now it's time to take a break and see what we have done! Yay! It's finished!" :D That's awesome how you're always cooking- I bet you could be your family's personal chef!

    ReplyDelete