Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happiness is on the outside

asked a question about religion, what do you believe?

I've never really believed in religious stuff, I've had to think about it a bit (über religious mother, grew up in catholic school, small religious town, ect.) but it honestly doesn't interest me, I feel nothing when I think of heaven or hell or just rotting in the ground, I figure if there is anything to know, I'll know when I get there and it's no use worrying over something you CAN'T know about right now. Religion is an interesting subject, but stirs no feeling in me at all. I look at it from a purely intellectual standpoint, and just as long as you're not a fanatic who's trying to convert me and tell me I'm wrong, I don't mind being around religious people or talking about it at all. Infact I like to hear the different takes people have on it

5 comments:

  1. I'm an atheist, and I just don't care what other people think... it's their own decision, right? The one thing that does bother me is when people tell my kid stuff about God and ask him to ask me. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in god or jesus or heaven or an afterlife, I believe that this is our life and we have to do what we want with it now. I have no problem with people who believe as long as they don't preach at me. I don't try to take away their religion so what right do they have to force it on me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a devout follower of Richard Dawkins >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://aspectsofalice.blogspot.com/2010/11/showing-my-support.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of an agnostic atheist? I don't really care, I guess. I'm truly sceptical about everything and I will never really know if anything is real, so if I don't know if what I'm breathing, touching, hearing and seeing is real then how on earth am I to make up my mind about a metaphysical being?

    Being nice to people and making their lives easier is so much more important to me than a deity which may or may not exist. But people are entitled to their beliefs and as long as they're not hurting or forcing people into various moulds then it's all dandy =]

    <333

    ReplyDelete