Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear You

Peri has asked me to write a letter to whomever about whatever. I must commence with "Dear you" and am only allowed to use pronouns.

Uhm...

ok

Dear You,
You've been there as long as I can remember, even when I fight with you. I've brushed off your worry and sneered at your concern and still you worry and concern yourself over me, why?  
We barely see each other, but if I need you I know you'll be there. Sometimes I hate myself for keeping so many secrets from you, but I can't let you try to help me. I don't understand why, but I know you'd destroy yourself trying to help me. And it kills me. 
It kills me that I can't always be there for you, that I can't be perfect for you and help you. I wish I could go back in time and help you get everything you deserve. You deserve a wonderful husband, and children, I know how much you love them, and just so much more than life gave you. 
You have so much talent, but you won't believe it, even now you have so much potential that you just can't seem to see. I think in some ways you're as frightened as I am. 
I hope that you know how much I love you.

To write letters now I choose, Perfect,  BirdBirdBird, Honor and Mich.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks doll! Your letter was beautiful. I'll have to think on it for a while before I do mine...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete