Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recipe for Cinamon, or anyone else who's too hot right now. I came up with this just today while I was looking at the ingrediants on my fuze Banana Colada drink. Apple juice is the only fruit juice it has >.>
It could also do without the added sugar.. maybe I'm just getting used to not eatting sugar, but I think it's way too sweet! I've been putting it in my tea! lol

Anyway, here's the rough recipe, plus notes.
1/2 cup pinapple juice - 45 (maybe add a few pinapple chunks? would lower cal since a half cup pinapple chunk is less than pure juice)
1/4 cup orange juice - 27 (or 1/4 cup skim milk -20, would freeze this)
1/4 cup mashed banana - 50
1/2 skim milk - 40
1/2 medium orange - 31 (or half cup pinapple chunks - 37)
3/4 cup water - 0 (not sure if this is too much or too little)
1/2 tsp coconut extract - 0? (not positive of amount since I havent made it, but the one I have is pretty strong so I think this would be enough)
Makes, a little over two cups
as written, calories in half, 96.5 whole,  193
Freeze orange and pinapple juice.

In blender, combine banana, orange half and water, blend. Add frozen juice, blend. Stir in milk and extract and serve. Could stick in the freezer and let sit for a bit for more slushiness, maybe add a packet of stevia (or other sweetener) if needed.




Damn. He's ganna be a lady killer on the dance floor when he grows up haha
But really, thats actually like... crazy good motor control for a kid that age.

Random news;
I've been washing my hair with baking soda, like I said I was going to awhile back, I went through a greasy period, like I'd heard I would, but it wasn't ending like it said it would.. So I saw this tip on a site for long hair that gets greasy at the roots, to take a thick bristle brush and kinda push the oils down to the ends, which anyone with long hair knows, get hella dry hella easy. So I tried this yesterday (spent an hour and a half actually) and today I'm really seeing a difference, it was getting pretty flat up top and frizzed out at the ends, but now it's a lot more even, smooth, shiny and bouncy all the way through. I love it! I'll have to make this a weekly thing.
(I couldnt get mom to let me use her thick brisled brush, so I used the dog brush, [yes I cleaned it out!] next purchace I'm going to have to make is a thick bristle brush for people...)

The side that doesn't look like a pin cushion.


6 comments:

  1. OMG, that shake looks AMAZING! Thanks so much, Babe! We're in for a hot weekend, so that might be the perfect cooler. I can't wait to try it!

    That dancing kid is something else! What a natural! Hope you have a great day, Miss Lovely Locks! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that drink sounds so yummy! And I'll admit that I've used a dog brush before for my hair, I actually think it brushes my hair a lot better. But maybe thats just me being a dick aha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I have to do that too. The ends of my hair make the Sahara look like the fucking Amazon Basin! D: Thank you so much for this hair trick, you are a bloody legend! *Glomps*

    *Rofls* Nothing better than outside evidence to prove your theory, non? What kind of a reaction did that get?

    That song is INSANE! I love it! It makes me miss all the awesome juices you can buy in Japan, but then I go get Nekta or V8 and try to feel better XD

    I'm gonna make that recipie up next week after I food shop. OMNOMNOM IT SOUNDS GOOOD!!

    Have a good weekend, hun!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That smoothie recipe looks super yummy! I can't wait to try it sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long is your hair? I wish I could have lovely long hair, but it won't grow past my shoulders. >:(

    Goin' to try making that smoothie for my little sis--she loves fruit drinks! I might be brave and try it, too...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should try that with my long ass hair...Thanks love :)

    ReplyDelete