Friday, February 11, 2011

"If you're reading this in hopes that you can eat whatever you want when you're pregnant, my advice would be no... Eat healthy, and eat often, but don't think an ice cream a day won't add up. I gained 40 pounds and lost 15 in the first 3 months. I breastfeed and take a walk daily. It's not as easy as everyone had told me. I'm a reasonable eater, and have about 2500 calories a day on average. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but just don't count on it all coming off so quickly!"
.....
BWAAAAHAHAHAHA
.....
>.>
Are people really that derpy? 2500 cals a day and only a little walk for exercise and you think there's nothing else you can do to lose that baby weight?

Now on my to-buy-when-I-have-time/money list
Bristle brush
Iron supplement
Matt gave me a stern talking to about my Iron levels when he realized the things I've been complaining about for the last few weeks seem to be symptoms of Anemia :/ (probably caused my a combo of poor diet and the fact that I've been on my period about two weeks now! >.<)
Constantly tired/no energy
Slight bruises with no/little cause
Dizzy feeling when standing up (or just standing sometimes, don't complain about that one though)
General unwell feeling
Random leg pains
Headaches
Heart beating funky rhythms (also did not complain about, but I saw it on the symptom page he sent me)

So, I may or may not go to the doctor about this, if I do, I will say I've been on my period for about two and a half weeks, so there's not suspicion about what I eat and it can all be blamed on that.

4 comments:

  1. I have no Idea what I would do if I was pregnant. Could I force myself to have a healthy diet? Even for a child? Maybe i'll stick to adoption.

    chewing ice, while i'm not sure if it will relieve any of the symptoms, is also a sign of iron deficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it how people think they can eat whatever they want and only do light "exercise" for 15 minutes and they think that's enough! A reasonably eater is not someone who eats 2,500 calories! That's a gluttonous eater to me, but I guess it's different she was breast feeding or something. But still, that's alot of food!

    Some iron supplements should fix any anemia right up. I've heard that women don't get enough iron anyway- but there's fods loaded with iron and pretty low in calories you could try as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey two weeks on your period isn't all that great. I'd call the doc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get all those symptoms, usually around my monthlies. I got the 2-week period, too. The doc put me on the pill and it pretty much fixed everything. Except the bruising--I swear you could look at me wrong, and I'll get a bruise.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete