Friday, July 1, 2011

Food stamps.

Did I mention already that my mom applied for food stamps? I don't remember, the only person I told irl was Matt.
Anyway she had her interview, and apparently she started crying and the lady said something like 'don't cry, everyone needs help sometimes, it'll get better when you get the help you need' and mom latched onto that 'when' instead of 'if' and is sure she's gonna get it now.
I'm still not really sure what to think of this, on one hand, there's going to be more food in the house, but on the other, I'm going to be able to buy blueberries and not have to steal the fancy low-cal cheese and things they used to always say were too expensive. Also, her mood is so tied into money if she gets this thing it should boost her mood for awhile so I'm kinda thinking I hope she gets it just for that but on the other hand I don't think she deserves it.. but she does deserve to gain weight and this might do that as long as I manage to stay away from the shit I know she's going to end up buying. I did well this week with the cheesecake, I nibbled a little bit of the crust and plucked a few strawberry bits from the top but that was it.
Yesterday was.. really.. bad. Three doughnuts at school, came home and had some chocolate covered nuts, coconut macaroons, and the higher calorie popsicles.. had a salad too but that hardly did me much good with all those other calories floating around, I thought I was going to mow the yards yesterday and so I'd burn off the doughnuts and not eat anything else but that fell to shit when my aunt said it was way too hot and I should stay inside and do it tomorrow (now today). So today I'm going to mow the yards and just drink.
I have a shit ton of drink mixes. I should show you guys, it really is impressive.

Crystal light pure- Grape
Archer Farms Simply Balanced (Target brand)- Açai Punch, Blackberry Blueberry and Apple Pear
Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch- Berry Blue Typhoon and Lemon Berry Squeeze
Clover Valley (dollar general brand)- Cherry Pomegranate
Market Pantry- Tangerine Strawberry
Lipton- Energize To Go Blueberry Pomegranate and Green Tea Mandarin & Mango
FRS Healthy Energy- orange
FlavorAid - random assortment
Ton of Tea
And finally, my truvia box which really holds all of my sweeteners because I grab a handful whenever I go to a restaurant.

3 comments:

  1. When we went to olive garden they looked at me funny when I took all of the sugar stuffs. I hope you do get it cause your mom is a complete bitch sometimes. Either way we are both blah we will lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of sweeteners I always bring small packs of salt. I put it on absolutely everything.

    I know, not exactly good for the blood pressure. But I'm fasting 4 days a week so :P

    Remember, tomorrow is a fresh start.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My folks and I get food stamps- so you're definitely not alone! With the economy crap now and food so expensive, a lot of folks need a bit of extra help. Food stamps does make buying food easier as you're able to purchase things you couldn't otherwise buy. Those are loads of drink mixes! That's awesome! I have to have drink mixes because water is just so blah and tasteless. If it wasn't for mixes I would never drink water. I just bought the wal-mart brand of the cherry pomegranate! 'Tis very tasty! I hope you have a great weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete